Monday, July 8, 2013

#blogitjuly What Does Your Ideal Cabin Look Like?

Owning a cabin feels right. It feels as if it's already a reality.

Alas, it's not a reality.

However, I used to spend many a summer day and night and day, etc. at The Andersons' cabin on Lake Minnetonka back in the day. I think that's why it feels right. This was back before Lake Minnetonka was a party lake and before the shore was peppered with monster mansions.

The Anderson cabin was the perfect size, a living room dining area and open(ish) kitchen on one side with three bedrooms on the other. A cool stairway leading to a loft area (at one point we had a rope swing attached to the beams--I am not even kidding)--two bunks on either side of the room open to the living room below. My friend and I almost always chose to sleep in the loft. When we were older we'd sleep on the sail boat, sometimes taking it to one of the Islands first, anchoring it offshore and spending the night there.

So I guess my ideal cabin entails more than just a cabin, but it will have to be:

Warm and inviting with enough room to invite people to spend the night but small enough to be cozy (and easy to clean), on the water and close to a charming town.

That's not too much to ask is it?

What's yours look like?

1 comment: