Tuesday, July 2, 2013

#blogitjuly WHAT DO YOU GEEK?

Day 2 #blogitjuly...Write. Sew. Drink. Repeat
What do I geek? I don't nerd out over things, wait...yes I do. I like to think I have some level of sophistication, but then I realize that's so damn boring--I can fake sophistication if I have to, why should I live it? So, without further ado, let the geek-o-meter start:

This is me
Geeking on Battlestar Galactica. Frack Yeah! I have taught the 14 year old to use the word "frack" in all possible scenarios. I am a goodly(ish) mother.

(steampunk) je t'aime!

Also this.
Hello (bad) Angel, Hello (good or bad) Spike.

(steampunk) je t'adore!

This too.
I wish I had this show when I was 16 years old. Just sayin'

(steampunk) le vagues son tres forte!* 

My heart breaks


Okay, enough with the tough chicks. Sheesh! Also, I geek on writers, I've been known to squeal with delight when I get an author's new book, especially in a series. I know I'll forget someone, but I hold in geeky adoration:
Patricia Briggs
Kiersten White
Veronica Roth
Suzanne Collins
Joe Hill (Locke & Key)
Laurell K Hamilton (the first 8 Anita Blake's are genius)
J.K. Rowling
Charlaine Harris
Lisa Kleypas (I once met her and spontaneously combusted into a fan girl--I hugged her.)
I have way more authors, but I'm tired and feeling a bit lazy.

STEAMPUNK!

FRANCE!!! PARIS!!!

Renaissance Festivals too.
I geek, therefor I am.

*the waves are very strong. You'd be surprised how often you need to say this!
What do you geek?


1 comment: