Thursday, July 4, 2013

#blogitjuly What Do You Like About America? (Being awesome doesn't count)

Blog it July Day 4

I love the idea of America.


I love that during the last election the line wound around inside the building (as if we were outlining the interior walls) all the way outside the building. People chatted with each other. My husband had gone earlier than me, so when he was done he hung out in the line and had everyone laughing around us.

So, of course, I posted that on Facebook:
  1. Voted. I walk into our poling place and there's my husband...about 100 people waiting behind him, I almost cut in line, then thought better of it. After he was done voting, he hung out with me for awhile, did a bit of a comedy routine, got everyone laughing and then left.

    Gotta love democracy!

    I love that, usually, we can come together in times of crisis and help each other.
    I love that once in awhile the SCOTUS does the right thing (goodbye DOMA).

    And I love Baseball:

America is like a child, sometimes she disappoints me, or doesn't do the right (what I think is right) thing--but I love her no matter what.

Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea that "America is like a child." You are 100% right! And, compared to many other countries, America is just a child. Perfect analogy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! And you're right too--she is a very young country, which I wasn't even thinking of when I made that analogy!

      Delete
  2. They will often recommend easy stretches and stretching gently.satta king

    satta king

    satta Matka

    ReplyDelete