Monday, March 16, 2009

No, Really, This Time I Will

So I bought a shiny new book--Book In A Month--by, Victoria Lynn Schmidt, Ph.D. I'm hoping the Ph.D. does the trick. Now see, there's my problem, I know there's no trick to writing a book, no magic beans, no fairy godwriter. It's work. But that doesn't stop me from searching for the elusive trick.

What I'm hoping for is that I'll use this book like a class, with a class schedule and class assignments...I figure, what have I got to lose? A month? I lose those constantly, all the time, like every year. Plus I signed up to write a little article on a craft book for the August issue of our local RWA chapter's newsletter and I chose this book.

Kinda backed myself into a corner with that one.

So this is the first day of class--I realize I should start at the beginning of a month but...I don't want to. So it's today--week one. I'll give an update every week (another way to make me do it)let you know what I think.

Stupid or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment