Sunday, February 5, 2012

HELLO STRANGER...A ROW80 CHECK-IN

Confession: I have missed 3 (three!) check-ins. Yikes!

Mea Culpas are abounding. Of course, it's not because I didn't want to check-in, I just...didn't. Almost worse. Every time I thought I might have time, I'd already be 2 or 3 days late, thus, thinking I'd catch-up the next time.

You can see how well my plan worked. NOT ONE BIT. Hmmm.
I feel as if we (I) need a recap:

When last we left our intrepid (or, rather, procrastinating) heroine, she was bemoaning the fact that she had no time. She has yet to find the time, nor is she done with painting the basement.

She is certain that any day now things will fall into place and she'll be back on schedule.

Not the greatest check-in, I grant you, still, a check-in, none-the-less.
I'm still working on things, editing here and there and writing some new words...here and there. Nothing remotely spectacular or even mediocre.

So, Monday will be my sponsor post. Ha! I promise to be better with the check-ins.

What's your promise this next week?

10 comments:

  1. Heya Amy, hang in there; sometimes it's really difficult to get motivated -or recognise what you have actually achieved. It really sounds like you have done stuff; but you are unable quantify it as something worthwhile (which I'm sure it is; we are always tough on ourselves -well, I know that I am in any case).

    Keep that PMA on the forefront ALWAYS :) I'm looking forward to your inspirational post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be brain dead, but what is PMA? Thank you for stopping by, even though I didn't reply in a timely manner...it means a lot to me!

      Delete
  2. Good luck on getting back on track, Amy! I'm a rather reluctant blogger, so I understand completely. The day disappears, and I *still* haven't posted ...

    Have a great week, whether you blog or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I know, I used to have time at work to post (and comment), now, I barely have time to eat! Thank you so much for commenting and commiserating.

      Delete
  3. I know how it is to be late posting, cause I've been late this past week. But we like hearing from you simply cause it helps the community to keep moving forward, even when we feel like we are stagnant in our own writing lives. Keep up the good fight and I'm looking forward to more from you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh see, now I feel guilty, maybe I needed that! So I'll take it as a kick in the butt -- a much needed one! Thanks (always) for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you did do something.

    I know how it feels to not want to post. I only do a Wednesday check-in because if I also check-in Sunday that would be too much pressure for me.

    Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, you're smart, I feel as if I have to check-in every Wed & Sun, because I'm a sponsor -- a terrible one, yet still a sponsor. This, then ramps up my guilt quotient, where as before, I'd be like, hey, here I am again, no worries. Now, the more guilty I feel, the harder it is to check-in. Yikes.

      I guess I'll be sending the check for the therapy session in the mail.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete