Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hot Rock

http://store.samhainpublishing.com/carolina-pearl-p-6160.html

Every once in a while my life becomes crazy. Busy crazy. I'll have three books I'm reading -- usually two in print and one audio -- one book I'm brainstorming, and one I'm editing. And did I mention baseball? Traveling baseball. And a full time job. And a husband. So, sometimes, I want a beginning, a middle, and a/n (happy) ending with less of a time commitment.

I want it now. All now. And, by golly, I got it with this fantastic gem of a novella by Sela Carsen, "Carolina Pearl." Werewolves, ghosts, legends, and a bastard son. Yes, please and thank you!

I started to write out a synopsis of this delightful book, but realized, I hate writing synopsis and the one attached to the link is great.

Sela Carsen's, Carolina Pearl is an interactive book, seriously. I was either laughing out loud, or fanning myself. Everything plays out perfectly, nothing's rushed -- hard thing to do in under 60 pages -- The sexual tension (and release) between Blair and Conn is spot on. And on. Sorry. Sela packs a full story in this compact container and it lacks nothing.

Read this novella -- and then read her other ones too. Really.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds exciting :) I know how you feel, sometimes being in the middle of things can be difficult. But best of luck with everything, you can make it!

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the novella was exciting. Thanks for stopping by Sarah! I love it that we both are trying to do this with joy.

    ReplyDelete