Friday, April 17, 2009

Much Ado-doo About Nothin'

That's right--nothin'. Nada. Zero, zip, zilch, as my Dad used to say.

I'm stuck. I got nothing. I'm talking about writing--I got plenty of other stuff, but writing? Plenty of nothing. I know, I know, if I just keep writing something magical will happen and all kinds of ideas and plot twists shall appear.

It's just that...I don't wanna.

I mean I do, but I don't. My husband jokes with me and says, "You want to have written a book, but you don't want to be writing one."

Maybe, maybe in a way he's right except when it really is magic and the words fly from my brain to my fingertips onto the keyboard and appear on the screen. Then, then I want to be writing a book.

To be writing, or not to be writing, that is the question--whether tis nobler...oh, what the hell--I chose to be writing.

It might make me crazy, but at least it keeps me from going crazy. And I have to prove my husband wrong (not about the 'have written' just about the not wanting 'to be' writing).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy!
    You needed a comment -- and what better than one from a fellow "got nothing-er". I love the line about 'you want to have WRITTEN a book.' Add to that, I want to have PUBLISHED a book. I would have made a good rich person--have things handed to me on a silver platter.
    LOL - Good luck with your blog!!
    Lizee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lizee--yes, I do want to have written a book, but it was my husband who said that's what I wanted more than to be writing a book--I honestly don't want it handed to me.

    But I'd still like to be rich too.

    ReplyDelete